Now some of you may think, "but what if I can use the 10 extra lids I have laying around eventually, like if one breaks or gets lost". Then just keep one extra if that's your argument. Many of us have way more food storage containers then we'll ever use anyways. I'm guilty.
Today's challenge is to take 10 minutes to go through your cups and food storage containers, looking for the following, and then donating, recycling, or throwing away the culprits:
- cracked or chipped cups
- orphaned pieces to sippy cups and cups with straws or lids
- storage containers without lids...
- ...or lids without storage containers
- storage containers that you've never used...and never will
- cups you no longer use
- anything that's mismatched that you won't use because it "doesn't belong" (I know some people who have this problem...if it doesn't match, it won't be used)